Ten Essential Tips for Jiu-Jitsu
10 Essential Tips for Jiu-Jitsu not in any particular order:
1. Focus on Learning vs Winning
2. Be a good partner and don’t be a dead fish when drilling.
3. Ask your Professors and upper belts questions.
4. Show up to class even if you’re tired. Especially when you don’t feel like it or in not great mood. Jiu-Jitsu will fix all that.
5. Understand what is being taught. Don’t just go through the motions and revert back to your same basic Jiu-Jitsu.
6. Focus on trying the technique you just learned when rolling.
7. Talk with your partner and communicate your goals for this particular roll.
8. Not every roll should be to the death Hard training is needed but not every roll.
9. Always be respectful to your Jiu-Jitsu brothers and sisters.
10. When rolling with women, always remember, you’re rolling with a woman and never forget this reality. Make sure she feels safe especially if you are on the larger size. Let her focus more on top game while you focus on bottom techniques.
Woman’s Jiu-Jitsu is one of the most difficult programs to build and the most fragile and easy to fracture so it falls apart.
The key is to make sure that your partners safety is your responsibility. Always. Regardless if your partnered with a man or woman.
Safety of our students is vital and a top priority for all from white belt to Blackbelt
Thank You Very Much!!